Monday, March 9, 2009

Mutton Liver Fry (Eeral fry)

Eeral varuval or Liver fry takes me down to my child hood memories. Most of the Sunday's my mom will cook liver fry especially for me.. no one gets it... I will go out to play..come back have one piece of liver fry and run back to play with kids. I will make few trips till I am tired of it..Days gone by so fast..I couldnt believe its just a memory now...I wish i could get back those precious days, where u dont have to worry about ur surroundings, no issues, no work, no stress..what a fantastic stage of life!!!

After coming to US, we buy mutton for occasion coz u have to go to halal ,meat shops to buy them..Its a tedious process. we are pretty much content with chicken. One day when we went to the meat shop, I saw Goat liver, got excited..asked shop keeper several times whether it is goat or something else...After I was sure its goat liver I bought it..Got the recipe from mom and made it for my Hubby's bday..It came out very well..My hubby loved it...


Ingredients:

1 Goat liver
1 big onion
6 garlic
1" ginger
2 tbsp pepper
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
Salt to taste


Seasoning:
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp fennel seeds
curry leaves


Preparation:

Cut the liver to small bite size piece. Grind the rest of the ingredients to smooth paste without adding water.Marinate the liver pieces with ground paste for 1hr.

Heat oil in a pan, do the seasoning. Add the marinated liver pieces. Cover and cook on medium heat. Stir occasionally. Cool till the moisture evaporates and liver is fully coated with the ground paste. It takes about 15 mts for liver to cook. Remove from heat..

Serve hot with Mutton gravy!!!

3 comments:

Poornima Nair

This is something I have never had before...looks very delicious and an easy recipe too.

gtyuk

Yiral varuval, yummm; it's been a long time since i did too! the method sounds delicious!

Anonymous

Looks very good! Childhood memories are always so nostalgic :-)

Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP