Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baby Potatoes Tandoori

I luv baby potatoes..perfect round shaped beauties. My mom used to make potato fry and I still luv it. When I go to supermarket, I will look for those wee ones...never got those perfect small ones. Finally, I found those perfect babies in walmart..Hurray.. I wanted to try my mom's recipe but ended up trying Tandoori Aloo by Shilpa of Aayis recipes.

This recipe was quite new to me..tasted very good..My hubby loved it..we finished all in one sitting. Its such a simple recipe but yields a great taste....

Shilpa: Ur recipe is Tried, Tasted &Certified:Excellent..





Ingredients:

7-8 baby potatoes peeled
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
2 tbsp thick curd/yogurt
1-2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp lemon juice
Oil
Salt to taste


Preparation:

I didn't do any change to the recipe..just followed the steps mentioned by shilpa..


Prick with a fork or put some deep slit marks with a knife on all the potatoes.Grind onions(preferably without water) to a smooth paste. Add onion paste and all other ingredients, except oil to the potatoes and mix well so that the potatoes get a thick coating of potatoes all over. The yogurt should be very thick so that the mixture remains thick.Leave the potatoes for around 1hr. Heat oil in a non stick pan and add the potatoes with the masala. Close the lid and let it cook on a low flame for around 15mins.

Preheat the oven at 350F for around 5mins. Take the potatoes in a greased bake ware and broil at 350F for around 10-15mins(till the coating has turned brownish).Serve hot with lemon juice.

Garnish with coriander leaves..

13 comments:

Ramya's Mane Adige

delicious!!! I love anything w/ baby potatoes

Pooja

Spicy n tangy potatoes! The shot is enough to make me drool :)

Valarmathi Sanjeev

I love baby potatoes. Looks tempting and delicious.

Poornima Nair

Wow...thats really droolworthy...so tempting.

Ramya Vijaykumar

mmm nicely cooked and the masala coated potatoes look very cute and I love them too!!!

chef and her kitchen

Yummy potatoes....even i hv something in my blog based on baby potatoes now...:)

Suparna

Looks great, tandoor flavour with the charred effect tastes superb any day! aloos the tandoor way sounds delicious and finger licking :)
Enjoy
TC

lubnakarim06

Neatly roasted.....Looks spicy and yum...

Unknown

looks yumm.. i made it in microwave once..have it in my blog

Pavithra Elangovan

Wow thats really tempting me and i am first time here nice and wonderful blog.. i have bookmarked some recipes.. Will be regular visitor

Jyoti

love potatoes ...these look delicious !

Unknown

wow mouthwatering pic. nice recipe even i like potatoes in any form

Parita

oh my my tandoori potatoes look spicy and mouth watering..feel like grabbing one :)

Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP