Friday, May 29, 2009

Egg Puffs

Egg puffs is my favourite bakery eats. I love the crispy outer cover and spicy egg filling which makes a perfect evening snack. I used pepper ridge farm puff pastry sheets to make puffs.. back home they prepare egg puffs from the scratch..Guess what i would never make the dough myself..it is complicated and u need to get perfect consistency..oh man...we just make life easy by using ready made items..I luv these frozen puff pastry sheets..perfect for any puffs or desserts...

Ingredients:

Puff pastry sheets
3 hard boiled egg
1 large onion
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tbsp oil

Preparation:



  • Follow the instruction on the box to defrost the pastry sheets.

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

  • Heat oil in a pan, add onions and fry till translucent.

  • Add garlic paste and other masala powders and saute for 10 mts.Remove from heat.

  • Cut the thawed puff pastry sheets into squares about 3.5 inches wide and 4.5 inches length.

  • Slit the hard boiled egg into two halves.

  • Place a spoonful the onion masala mixture in the middle and half cut egg . Keep the cut side facing down.

  • sprinkle pepper and garam masala over the egg.

  • Close two ends of the strips to cover the egg. Moisten the edges with water to seal the edges.

  • Bake in the oven for 10-15 mts or slight brown color.

  • serve hot with ketchup and tea!!!

Note: U can do a egg wash after sealing the edges, to get perfect golden color puff.

9 comments:

Pooja

Lovely egg puffs Ashwini..My favourite :)
Saw your comment on my blog. Unfortunately I cant view it Ashwini. The latest one that I see is Rava Kesari. But dont worry or panic..keep checking for some more time. The google reader may be slow in indexing. If nothing happens even after a day or so do check my post on the issue. And feel free to ask me for any help anytime.Would love to help you out :)

Pavithra Elangovan

wow thats my fav puff.. pleases send me know..

Pooja

Hey Ashwini I'm able to see your post in my Reader now :)

Poornima Nair

This is my hubby fav as he is crazy about eggs...its actually a standard dish when we have potlucks...looks delicious.

Ashwini

sure pavithra..i will send it over

Parita

Egg puff looks tasty..love the masaledar filling!!

Valarmathi Sanjeev

Lovely egg puffs. Looks delicious.

Vidya

I luv egg puffs and I want to try make them at home. Where can I get puff pastries?

Ashwini

Hi srivi

U can get puff pasteries from frozen section of depart stores.. It should be near frozen juices or desserts...

Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP