Egg puffs is my favourite bakery eats. I love the crispy outer cover and spicy egg filling which makes a perfect evening snack. I used pepper ridge farm puff pastry sheets to make puffs.. back home they prepare egg puffs from the scratch..Guess what i would never make the dough myself..it is complicated and u need to get perfect consistency..oh man...we just make life easy by using ready made items..I luv these frozen puff pastry sheets..perfect for any puffs or desserts...
Puff pastry sheets
3 hard boiled egg
1 large onion
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tbsp oil
- Follow the instruction on the box to defrost the pastry sheets.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and fry till translucent.
- Add garlic paste and other masala powders and saute for 10 mts.Remove from heat.
- Cut the thawed puff pastry sheets into squares about 3.5 inches wide and 4.5 inches length.
- Slit the hard boiled egg into two halves.
- Place a spoonful the onion masala mixture in the middle and half cut egg . Keep the cut side facing down.
- sprinkle pepper and garam masala over the egg.
- Close two ends of the strips to cover the egg. Moisten the edges with water to seal the edges.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 mts or slight brown color.
- serve hot with ketchup and tea!!!
Note: U can do a egg wash after sealing the edges, to get perfect golden color puff.