Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Onion Cracker/ Baked Nippattu

This recipe was an entry my MBP: Snacks and Savouries event from Madhuram's eggless cooking.. I instantly fell in luv with the recipe, tried it...Man it was crispy and tasted very good... I did follow Madhuram's recipe a lot. The original recipe was from Red chillies...

Madhuram and Red chillies, Ur recipe is Tried, Tasted and Certified Excellent...

Check out the original version From Redchillies...

Check out the modified version from Eggless cooking..


Photobucket

Ingredients:

· 2 cups of maida (All purpose flour)
· 1/4 cup water (warm)
· 4 tsp sesame seeds
· 1/3 cup oil
· 4 Tbsp butter (melted) ( I used 'I cant Beleive its butter' as suggested by Madhuram)
· 1 big onion(finely chopped)
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 3 green chillies (finely chopped) (I used redchilli powder)
· Handful of chopped coriander leaves
· 2 tsp Sugar ( I didnt use it)
· 1 tsp Salt

Prepration:

I didnt make any changes, just followed as mentioned in redchillies... Dont forget to check the tips from Red chillies... My oven temp was 350 F and baked it for 25 to 30 mts... Keep checking them after 20 mts.. dont let the onions to burn..oven timings vary...

Photobucket

Verdict:

It was perfect snack with tea... It just melts in ur mouth.. I loved the buttery flavour in the crackers.. Overall we loved it!!!!

17 comments:

Padma

Looks very tempting Ashwini... nice try... and also your new header looks good ...

Sailaja Damodaran

looks nice ....nice click

Gita Jaishankar

Healthy and crispy treats Ashwini :)

Unknown

Very well baked, looks delicious.

Uma

looks so tempting and yummy.

chef and her kitchen

It is on my To-do list...still dint try so far..but I m a big fan of these baked nippat's from iyengar bakeries of bengalooru

Unknown

i am surely going to try this one..looks yumm

lubnakarim06

I too bookmarked it from there....looks yum...

Priya Suresh

Onion crackers looks yumm!

Finla

Looks so yumm and love the first picture.

Parita

Nippattu have come out perfect, i love munching these during tea time!

Ashwini

Thanks parita, happy cook, priya, kitchen flavours, sowmya, pratibha, uma, a2z vegetarian, gita, sailaja and padma... Do try it and lemme know the feedback..

Sarah Naveen

Looks perfect and yummy!!!

Valarmathi Sanjeev

Looks yumm...

amna

yep, i remember this! now you've given me another nudge to make them :)

Red Chillies

Thanks for trying it out and letting us know. So glad you liked them. They are delicious aren't they?
Happy Dasara to you and your family.

Jyoti V

Happy Vijaydashami /Dasara to you and your family.

Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP