Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cabbage Kofta

Cabbage Kofta was a new recipe to me, I never used cabbage for making koftas. I found the reciped from Married to Desi. I immediately fell in love with the recipe. It was simple and easy to try and tasted really good...

Photobucket


Ingredients:

Koftas (This is for 30 Koftas, I just used half the qty)
1 small head cabbage,
1 carrot shredded or finely minced,
3/4 cup besan flour,
1 tsp garam masala,
2 tbsp red chilly powder,
Salt,
oil to deep fry

Gravy
1 pound tomatoes, (I used 3 large Roma tomatoes)
2 tbsp coriander seeds,
2 tbsp cumin seeds,
½ tsp poppy seeds,
1/2 tsp Fennel seeds,
1 /2 tsp anardhana powder, ( I guess this was pomegranate powder, I didnt use it)
2 tbsp minced/grated ginger,
2 medium green chillies,
3 dried red chillies,
a large handful of cilantro,
1 medium onion,
1/2 tsp turmeric,
1 clove garlic minced (optional)

Preparation:

I did small changes for my taste, still following the original recipe from Married to Desi...


1. Grind all the ingredients for the gravy together into a fine paste, adding about 2 cups of water. 2. Sauté the gravy with 2 tbsp. butter ( I didnt have butter, just used oil) letting it thicken. Bring this to a boil, seasoning with salt.
3. Mince the cabbage (best done with a food processor). Add salt and leave it for a few minutes.
4. Squeeze as much of the water out of the cabbage as possible.
5. Add the besan to the cabbage, along with the rest of the kofta ingredients, and knead it together.
6. Form this mixture into small balls, and fry them in hot oil until brown.
7. Add the balls to the gravy, and let it soak for about half an hour.


Serve hot with rice!!!!!

20 comments:

Sailaja Damodaran

Nice party recipe.....looks very tempting...

Shanthi Krishnakumar

Kofta is yummy and a different recipe

Finla

Wow that looks so so delicous and the koftas look so perfectly shaped.

kitchen queen

The cabbage koftas look ver delicious and yum

Gita Jaishankar

Very interesting and delicious dish Aswini...looks yummy :)

Priya Suresh

Delicious koft curry...looks too delicious ..

Mansi

Looks great Ashwini! I generally make these using Lauki, will try cabbage next time:)

Unknown

Absolutely mouth watering.

Parita

Cabbage kofta is new to me too and sounds delicious!

Sarah Naveen

New recipe ..Looks really tempting...

Sunshinemom

Not fair! The mouth can't stop drooling:D

Suparna

delishious kofta curry dear, I too had made it last week, tempting snap.

Soma Pradhan

The koftas look very yummy

gtyuk

I haven't tried koftas with cabbage neither, interesting and delicious!!!

Sumi

nice recipe for special dinner for guess, and thers n potato, Iam up for it.

Unknown

good recipe..loks yumm..

kitchen queen

You have a nice blog.you can visit my blog and give ur comments.

Malar Gandhi

Koftas looks yummo'

ruchikacooks

HI Ashwini, this is ruchikacooks. I tried this version of kofta from married to a desi (saw it here ) and it came out well..thanks for sharing.

marriedtoadesi.com

Hi Ashwini! That is so cool that you tried out Shankar's recipe! Glad it turned out so well!

Kanchana

Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP