Friday, February 6, 2009

Onion Chutney

I should first Thank Akal for passing me "Good Chat Blog award". This is my first award and I am excited about it.....THANK YOU AKAL....

Onion chutney is the best combination for dosa, uttappam and Kuzhi paniyaram...These are my coming soon recipe.... Now lets focus on onion chutney...




Ingredients:

2 large onion
1 small tomato
1 tsp redchilli powder
1 tsp tamarind paste (adjust to taste)
1 tbsp oil
salt to taste

Seasoning: Oil, Mustard seeds, channa and urad dhal, curry leaves...

Preparation:

Heat oil, add onion and tomato..Fry for few minutes. Add salt, redchilli powder and tamarind paste. Adjust to ur taste.. Don't add more, it will make in sour... Fry till the raw small vanishes.. Remove from heat cool down. Grind to a smooth paste...

Do the seasoning, add to chutney. Don't reheat it or add chutney directly to the heated pan!!!

Onion chutney is ready!!!!

3 comments:

gtyuk

Hi Ashwini, congratulations, you merit it.
the onion chutney looks yummy. will go well with idli too.

Priya Suresh

Yummy chutney ashwini, love this with crispy dosas much:) congrats on ur award!

Priyanka Agrawal

yummy! I like how u used curry leaves and mustard seeds to garnish. you can send this or any other dish of yours over for the Garnishing event if you so please. check out my blog for details. hope to see u there

also, looking forward my entry in the lentil mela roundup!! :D

Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP