Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Peerkangai Muttai poriyal(Rigde gourd & egg)

Ridge gourd is known as peerkangai in Tamil. My mother used to make chutney with peerkangai skin and i always have aversion towards these veggies... When i saw this ridge gourd in the shop..i thought lets give it a try.. I bought it. I was looking for some recipes... I got chutney recipe from my mother..but i wanted to try something different.

When my hubbies neighbour relocated to india, they gave us so many good things..which included a recipe diary..Aunty's diary has so many recipes... when i was looking for something new..I found this recipe using peerkangai and egg. I tried it, it came out very well. It tasted different but yummy!!!!


Ingredients:

2 Ridge gourd
3 Eggs
2 cloves
1" cinnamon sticks
3 garlic cloves
1" ginger
1 tsp redchilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 cup grated coconut
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste.



Preparation:



Grind all ingredients from cloves to grated coconut to a smooth paste.


Remove the skin of ridge gourd and cut into small bite size pieces.


Heat oil in pan, add ground paste and fry for few minutes. Once the aroma oozes out, add ridge gourd and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook till ridge gourd becomes tender. Add salt. Finally, break the egg into the mixture and mix well and let it cook. After the egg is cooked..Remove from heat...Serve hot!!!!

1 comments:

Chitra

Hello ashwini,first time in ur blog..Very nice blog u have..we do chutneys like ur mom.iam a vegan.so cant try this:)I'll surely participate in ur lentils event.do visit my blog at ur free time:)Hope u'll like it.

Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP