Friday, March 20, 2009

Cabbage Mor Kootu

Curry leaf is hosting Tried & Tasted: Tasty Palettes. T& T is brain child of Zlamushka of Spicy Kitchen. Suganya's Tasty Palettes is a vegetarian heaven..I was going through some of the the recipes, the one which caught attention was cabbage Mor kootu. I have done cabbage kootu but adding yogurt was totally different. I give it a try..It came out very well. It goes well with chappathi and rice...

Check out the original recipe here!!!!


Ingredients:

Cabbage – 1, small
Yogurt – ¾ cup
Grated coconut – 1/3 cup
Green chillies – 2
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt to taste


Preparation:

I followed the recipe step by step...without any variation... Here is the step by step procedure by suganya...


Slice cabbage into thin, 2 inch long pieces. Cook cabbage with little water and salt. Grind coconut, chillies and cumin seeds to a fine paste. When cabbage becomes soft and not mushy, add the ground mixture. Adjust salt and heat through.
In a seasoning pan heat oil, splutter mustard seeds and throw some curry leaves. Add this to cabbage kootu. Just before serving, mix cabbage with yogurt
.


11 comments:

FH

YUM! YUM! Got to pick up a Cabbage tomorrow! :)

Trupti

Cabbage sabji looks very delicious Ashwini. I love suganya's all recipes.

Priya Suresh

Quite a delicious kootu, love the addition of yoghurt..Suganya's dishes are always very creative..Nice choice Ashwini!!

Srikitchen

hey its really new for me!

Suparna

Hi Ashwini,
Looks very tasty and healthy.Haven't tried using yogurt with cabbage, should try this one. Thanks.
TC

Suparna

Hi Ashwini,
Cabbage kootu looks tasty.The yogurt addition is a super hit. Enjoy!
TC

Unknown

Tempting dish,Thanks for the tempting entry to T&T.Do send more as and when you find time.

Poornima Nair

The kootu looks delicious...great entry to the event.

Malar Gandhi

This is totlaly a new recipe to me, have a whole head of cabbage...will try this right away.

Guess, I am first time here...like your profile, you sound just like me. I too forgot my recipes diary that I maintained since school days, back home!!

Suganya

Ah, This kootu was on the menu y'day. I like that it is a kootu that can double as raita. Glad you liked it, Ashwini.

zlamushka

hi ashwini,
thanks for a lovely entry - cabbage looks great, bet ya it was crunchy :-)
thanks for participating T&T in March. I hope I ll see you around this month as well.

i wrote you an email about hosting T&T, Yasmeen would like to switch july for august, which is your month. please let me know if it is OK to switch, if not, please dont worrry - i ll find something else out :-)

Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP