Friday, March 13, 2009

Garden Twirls pasta-Indian way!!!!

I am not big fan of pasta..Trying to eat healthy, so tried new wheat pasta to reduce calories...nothing compares to the taste of rice and sambar..no other go..to maintain healthy life style need to sacrifice rice!!!!...I try out different recipes with wheat, ragi and other grains.. not bad some dishes tastes very good.I tried pasta like upma it came out very well. I used prego pasta sauce instead of tomatoes..

Ingredients:

1 packet garden twirls pasta (Ur choice)
1 onion
2 greenchillies
1 cup prego pasta sauce
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp cumin
2 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste

Preparation:

Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add and cook pasta until al dente usually for about 5 to 10 minutes or as specified in the packet. Drain the pasta.

Heat oil in a pan, do the seasoning with cumin seeds. Add onion and green chillies. Fry till translucent.Add ginger and garlic paste.Saute for couple of minutes.Add prego sauce and let it simmer. Add garam masala to the mixture.Cover cook for 2 mts.Add the drained pasta to the sauce and mix well. sprinkle pepper powder and cilantro..serve hot!!!

Thanks Trupti for passing me two lovely awards " Adorable blog" and "The amazing blog". Thanks once again for sharing with me!!!

7 comments:

FH

Fusion Pasta looks good with Indian twist! :)

Poornima Nair

Prego is my favourite sauce too...use it whenever I'm lazy to make my own...that looks delicious.

gtyuk

Pasta looks good, well seasoned and coated with the sauce, yummm!

Anonymous

Pasta with an indian twist.. Looks Yum.. I do not know where I will get prego sause in bengaluru..

Hema

I used to toss some vegetables in.looks great with indian twist!

Lavanya

looks awesome ashwini..nice pic too!!

Anonymous

I like how you spiced it up and made it your own :)! Very tasty!

Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP