Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thengai Manga Pattani Sundal!!!!!

Thengai Mangai Pattani sundal / Coconut mango peas sundal is a must have when u go to marina beach...U can see grown up kids selling sundal all over the beach... U will never admire the beauty of beach without these noises in the surrounding... Man! they wont leave u alone untill u buy a packet of sundal.. I love the taste of sundal with mango, it wont be mushy but it has a grainy texture..I tried recreating the same old magic, voila!!! perfect sundal.. Though we dont have beach nearby, I sat in my balcony cherishing our pool view....




Ingredients:

1 cup green peas (cooked till soft)
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup shredded mango (UN ripe)
green chilies and red chillies
salt to taste
Seasoning: oil, mustard seeds, urad and channa dal


Preparation:





Soak green peas over nite and cook till soft...Heat oil in a pan do the seasoning.. U can use curry leaves too. Add chopped green chillies and red chillies. Adjust according to ur spice level. Add cooked peas. Stir for a minute. Add coconut and mango, stir for couple more mts.. Remove from heat..Serve hot!!!

16 comments:

Priya Suresh

Just love this, i do often...drooling rite now here..

Sailaja Damodaran

Yummy....i remember eating at Marina Beach..........

Sarah Naveen

Sundal looks really yumm..

chef and her kitchen

Love raw mango in anything...looks gr8

Suparna

I love sundal, the best palce to have is the beach :) love the mangai pieces in the sundal.
TC

Chitra

i too heard abt this but never tasted in chennai.. must try once..looks very nice.

Parita

Sundal sounds quite different and yummy especially with mango :-)

Unknown

Looks so good, reminds me of those sweet days when we used to go to Marina beach sit and relax. I do go even now, when i go back home. But unfortunately it is too crowded and dirty, so go to Elliots Beach which is little quite & clean.

lata raja

Nostalgia!!! I love the sundal and yours is very appealing!

Ashwini

thanks sailaja, priya, saranaveen,Parita, lata raja pratibha..

suparna: I agree with u.. Luv to have sundal at beach..

Chitra: U should try it.. tastes so good..

a2zvegetarian: Its been ages since we have been to marina beach.. its so crowded and polluted...

Nivedita Thadani

Hi
seeing the photo, I felt I am in Marina beach now!! very tempting Photo of sundal!!!

Ann

This makes me nostalgic dear.. what a tasty snack

kitchen queen

lovely and my favourite sundal takes me back to marina beach in chennai where we have this whenever we visit the beach.yours is lovely.you can visit my blog and give ur comments.

Ash

It looks yum like once I crave for at the road side stall..... I wanna try it too...

Please collect ur awards from my blog...

Ash....
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Vikis Kitchen

Sundal looks yumm....wanna have that bowl now:)

Kanchana Shekhar

the thenga manga pattani sundal makes me completely nostalgic of all the summers i spent with my relatives in madras....looks yummm!

Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP