Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Paruppu Arisi Sadam (Rice & Lentil)

Paruppu arisi sadam is one of the lunch specials in Coimbatore. While i was doing my UG in Coimbatore my friends use to bring this rice for lunch which tasted very good. We r from Chennai ,so my mother didn't know how to make it. After marriage, I came to know this is one of my mother in laws speciality!!!. I found out the recipe and started making it by my own!!!



Ingredients:

1 cup rice
1/2 cup toor dhal
2 tbsp oil
1tsp mustard seeds
curry leaves
salt to taste


Paste:

1 small onion chopped
1 large tomato chopped
4 garlic cloves
4 redchillies
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
5 whole pepper
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1" cinnamon stick
2 cloves


Preparation:

Make a paste of above mentioned ingredients.

In a pressure cooker, add rice, dhal, and the ground paste with 2 cups of water. In a pan add oil mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add this to rice and dhal mixture. Add salt, cover and cook in medium heat. After 1 whistle remove it from heat and leave it to cool. Garnish with coriander leaves!!!

Pickle and Yogurt is best side dish for this rice!!!

P.S Basmati and water ratio 1:2

2 comments:

rita

paruppu arisi sadam looks yummy

esha

Colourful healthy rice..sure to try it

Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP