Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ginger Chicken

Ginger chicken reminds me of my college days. I usually take college bus everyday. During our final year we get off in afternoon...We used to take private bus and get off at a stop called Hopes college (Coimbatore)Its like a student hub. U can see students wandering all around the place...Restaurants, copiers, Internet cafe what not... When we felt hungry, me and my friends used to go to a restaurant. I don't remember the name. I love ginger chicken and chickoo ice cream served at this restaurant... I could never find the same taste in any restaurant. I tried to reproduce the same taste but could only reach halfway!!!!
Enough of story...Lets look at the ingredients..

Ingredients:
Chicken - 2 lbs
Ginger - 21/2 " piece
Onion - 2
Tomato - 3
Green chillies - 8
Jeera - 2tsp
Red chillipowder - 3 tsp
Coriander powder - 3 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4tsp
Bay leaf - 1
Cardamom - 4
Cinnamon - 2
Cloves - 4
Curry leaves,coriander leaves
Lemon - 1 tbsp
Oil- 2 tbsp
Salt to taste

Preparation:

Clean and Cut the chicken to bite size pieces. Marinate the chicken pieces with 1 tbsp lemon juice and salt for 1 hr. Fry sliced onion in 1 tbsp of oil until translucent and grind it with green chillies, ginger and Jeera . In a heavy bottomed pan, heat 3 tsp of oil, fry bay leaf,cloves,cardamom cinnamon and then add grounded onion mixture..Add salt and fry till oil separates.Now add turmeric,red chilli and coriander powders to this mix and fry for few more minutes.Finally add chopped tomatoes.Once tomatoes are well cooked ad the marinated chicken pieces and mix very well.Cover and cook it under medium heat. Don't add water.After chicken is well cooked, add the chopped coriander and curry leaves .

7 comments:

FH

Looks absolutely delicious! it's time for me to make some non-veg too.We have been eating too much veggies these days! :D

Anonymous

Which restaurant did u go to while in Coimbatore?.. even I hang around while I was in college and never had this food.. but this one is so delicious and I can eat all day!!

gtyuk

lovely color, sounds hot and delicious! yummy! yummy!

Anonymous

The picture makes me hungry. Ginger chicken is my fav too.

Priya Suresh

Wow ginger chicken makes me hungry, lovely dish!!

Anonymous

Ginger Chicken I delicious!! Love flavor the ginger.

Rajee

Love to taste delicouse ginger chicken.

Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP