Friday, July 31, 2009

Vazhakai poriyal/ Plantain fry and An award!!!

Vazhakai is nothing but raw banana. It is mostly used to make bajji. Most dont prefer plantain coz of the belief that it causes gas trouble. I am not sure if thats true.... I love this particular poriyal made with it. My mom says, the ingredients used in this recipe suppress the effect of plantain. I just adore this poriyal...



Ingredients:

1 plantain (cut into small round slices)
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste

Paste:

1 small onion
7 garlic flakes
1" ginger
1 tbsp pepper or more

Preparation:

Grind the ingredients given to a fine paste adding little water.

Heat oil in a pan. Do the usual seasoning. Add plantain pieces. Saute for 5 minutes. Add ground paste and 1/2 cup water. Adjust salt. Cover and cook for 10 -15 mts. The plantain should have soft texture, don't over cook it. All the masala will coated to the plantain (dry consistency). Remove from heat..

Serve hot with sambar or rasam!!!

Let me talk abt my award... I am so excited to receive this award.. especially after long time.. Thanks Aysha and Sri lakshmi for passing me this wonderful award.. I appreciate it!!!






The award comes with certain rules!!!

1. You must mention the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.

Facts:

1. I am a staunch believer in God. My mo to in life is " whatever happens, Happens for good".
2. I love to be alone. Only my closest will know the real me!!!.
3. My first passion is dance and my second is cooking ( u all know that by now :D)
4. I love Kamal haasan and sharukh khan (my hubby hates him). Kamal haasan has been my childhood hero which never changed till now.. I absolutely adore him.
5. My favourite color is Red and Black, the most attractive combo...
6. I am a movie addict.. Love to watch tamil and hindi movies... The only genre i hate is horror.. I cannot stand those horror movies...
7. I love shopping.. who wouldn't???... I buy things which are absolutely necessary...I love to do shopping alone though!!!


Thats few fact abt me... this is just an tip of a ice berg!!!!

I would like to pass this award to,

Parita of Parita's world
Poornima Nair of Tasty treats
a2Z Vegetarian of A2z vegetarian cuisine
chitra of Ratatouille

17 comments:

Parita

I personally love plantains! the dish looks wonderful, congratulations for the award my dear :)
Thanks for sharing it with me :)

Padma

Vazhakkai poriyal looks nice n spicy Ashwini and loved the spices used .. Congrats on your award dear and was nice reading few lines about you esp your line No 1.... thanks so much for sharing this award with me ... it really means a lot - will post it in my blog very soon :)

Ashwini

Thanks padma and parita...

Suparna

HiAshwini,
Didnt know about the plantain effect ..thanks for a new variety of sabzi seems spiced up ...
Congratulations on the well deserved award! nice to read about u...we ladies have so many personality traits in common :)
Happy weekend :)
TC

Sailaja Damodaran

congrats....nice to know about u

Pooja

The plantain fry looks so delicious! Thanks a lot for passing the award to me :) It was an interesting read and glad to know more about you!

Vani

Plantain bhaji looks so good, Ashwini! Congrats on the award

Ann

Congrats on your award and many more to come.

chef and her kitchen

Lovely roast n congrats on the award dear..

Purva Desai

New dish for me......looks tempting...thanks for sharing

Unknown

Ashwini that is a nice Poriyal. I personally think anytime Vazzhaikai is much better that Potato. Never tried plantain curry by adding garlic & onion. Will try out. Congrats on your award and thanks for passing it on to us.

Ashwini

Thanks suparna,m pooja, sailaja, vani, Ann, pratiba, purva desai and a2z vegetarian:I accept that... potatoes are killer hehehe..

It was my pleasure to write few things abt me..I am glad u liked it..

Poornima Nair

Love this poriyal with dal rice, looks yumm.
Congrats on ur award and thanks for sharing. You're a dear:)...

Chitra

Wow.this one is different from how i make..will surely try it out..Congrats on ur award and thanks for sending it to me..:)Nice to c ur MEME..Its interesting!

Ashwini

Thanks poornima and chitra.. its pleasure sharing the award with u guys..

Valarmathi Sanjeev

Yummy recipe and congrats on your award.

Prasukitchen.blogspot.com

nice to know abt u dear . Congrats on ur award Ashwini ... Yummy and lovely dish .

Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP